Monday 12 March 2012

Inspired by a Sweethaven Summer

There is a lovely lady I need to tell you about, someone who has a blog full of inspiration, hope, joy, kindness and most of all love and whom you should all visit. Her name is Courtney Walsh and she first came to my notice as a member of the team at Webster's Pages but she is also a talented writer and her latest book A Sweethaven Summer is out now and waiting it's turn on my kindle. The book is about friendship and how a scrapbook helps bring people together perfect for us crafters :)
To celebrate her novel Courtney is running a scrapbooking challenge on her blog The Sweethaven Scrapbooking Challenge which contrary to the title is not limited only to scrapbooking but other crafts as well. For my entry into this challenge I was inspired by this piece as it is my 13th wedding anniversary tomorrow;


I created this canvas using mists, stamping, masks and Webster's Pages Ladies and Gents papers and embellishments;


I took the butterfly sticker and mounted it onto card before cutting it out to make it easier to alter. I then glued the pins behind the butterfly using glossy accents and stuck some pearls on the body and used foam tape to raise it up on the canvas;


I really wanted to write one of my favourite poems "I carry your heart" by E.E.Cummings onto Alex's little hand silhouette but it was too long and so I wrote a verse myself;


I labelled each of the hands just in case in years to come when my boys are all huge six foot plus men we will know which was which still;


This was such a joy to do and had me giving my husband lots of cuddles (now he thinks I want new shoes or craft stuff lol) as it reminded me how blessed I am to have found him and grown this beautiful family.

I hope some of you will join in this challenge it is a beautiful one which makes us focus on friendship, family and love but most of all I hope you all visit Courtney she is a beautiful one too x

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL! Just how special is that! Happy Anniversary to you both Hun :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aawww, it's really gorgeous ... Happy anniversary xxx

    ReplyDelete