Thursday 11 August 2011

Using sketches.

I am going to a new crop on Saturday and have volunteered to set a sketch challenge. For the challenge I have chosen two sketches from Pagemaps one for cards and one for layouts. As a lot of the people attending have not used sketches before I have decided to do two examples of each sketch one where I follow the sketch closely and one where I use it to inspire the card/layout but do not copy it as closely.

For the card sketch I chose this one and decided to use my acetate card as the example which does not follow closely as I used butterflies stamped repeatedly but not as ordered as the sketch. This is my card following the sketch closely;


For the layout sketch I chose this one and this is the LO which uses the sketch but alters it. I haven't strayed very far from the sketch but have altered it to use multiple photo's and have changed the orientation of the sketch. I am going to do the LO following the sketch closely tonight.


For both the card and LO all elements apart from AC Thickers and some gems are from July's Creative Craft World monthly kit. Thanks for popping by hope you are having a good day x

1 comment: