Thursday 29 December 2011

Create

I have spent a lovely couple of hours playing with paints and inks again all inspired by a challenge to make a decorative letter (as in of the alphabet not Dear Sir lol). I thought first of making a letter door sign for one of the kids but I have one each to do for them and I wanted to use their whole names. I put the door signs to one side and picked up some 6x6 chipboard thinking I would cut out a letter for my craft room from it then decided I would mount the letter on it instead. I do feel sorry for poor Shendy she keep setting these fab challenges and I go off on a tangent and never quite follow her instructions lol.

Here is the finished project;


I stuck the reate chipboard letters on the 6x6 then painted the whole thing pale blue. Once dry I used some metallic paint rub in grey/blue to rub over the letters so they stood out more added some stamped swirls and a saying and then painted the letter in rock candy crackle paint;


I cut the C from Tim Holtz Kraft resist and coloured it with the grey/blue metallic paint rub and added some twine, beads and a tassel. Finally I coloured some butterflies from the Kraft resist and coloured them with some of the other metallic paint rubs and stuck it all down.;


1 comment: