Tuesday 17 January 2012

Project 2012 and some catch up

I wanted to do a type of Project Life (by Becky Higgins) album this year a weekly diary of sorts all in pictures with a little journalling. Although I love the concept I cannot afford the genuine products and didn't feel they were completely right for me as I love to get messy and so Project 2012 was born lol. I bought a plain Kraft lever arch file which the kidlings are going to decorate for me and some A4 superclear folders (£4.99 for 25 far cheaper than normal page protectors and they are acid free gotta love WHSmith). Also by doing this in A4 the card is cheaper I can get some use out of my 6x6 and 8x8 papers.
Last night I completed the first two weeks, I want to be sure to keep up to date so nothing is forgotten, here is the first one the second one I cannot share for now as it is for a DT challenge;



I have also done two more Art Journal pages the past few days, again one I cannot show yet as it is for a DT challenge but here is my "Textural" AJ page. I was experimenting with adding texture to the page and spread gesso roughly and used masks to get a raised area;


I added some hessian strands embedded into gesso to give a lovely texture (although it took an age to dry!);


Once all dry I splattered with different colours of paints, sprayed with some copper and blue mists and then added some rock candy crackle paint to the bottom of the page;


I love how the crackles area once dried highlighted the colours and made them appear brighter than the un-crackled area. My journalling is not meant to be blasphemous so please don't be offended I simply mean we should cherish all our time on earth.

5 comments:

  1. It's great to see your art journalling style developing.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - love all the texture on the page, and great notebook idea - I am going to have a go at project life (ish)...like the idea of getting children's contributions too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really loving your style

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow i really like this hun, the page has a kinda rocket layout xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love your style and all the textures. I think I'm gonna try and do some kind of journaling for 2012...now when to decide to start? Hummmmmm
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete