Wednesday 25 January 2012

There are no Art Police

I wasn't very happy with my last Art Journal page. I am still trying to figure out how to get my backgrounds looking how I like them and wanting the idea in my head to be translated perfectly on the page which is probably unrealistic and certainly not happening at this time. I am working on my resolution to accept my mistakes and not trash them as they are all tools in learning but it is hard for a perfectionist to do that!
I have to say a big thank you to Leanie and Suzie who both inspired this page with their encouragement over on UKS Art Journey. The term there is no Art Police was Suzie's little gem and I hope she doesn't mind me stealing it lol. Here is my page;


I started by gesso-ing my page and then painted a black border roughly around the page leaving some white on the outside. I then added some grey inside and outside the black again painted roughly so their were differing levels of depth. I splatted on a bit of white paint and then used some scrunched up tinfoil to scratch the paint. I added some fuschia paint with a sponge and whitewashed a bit of book paper.
Once the book paper was dry I drew a face (yes me I drew it I am totally gobsmacked!) which I coloured with promarkers and then ripped around. I stuck the face onto the page and painted some white lines and used distress stain (picket fence to add some circles). I stamped soom harlequins with Black Soot distress ink and Sprayed using a mask in the top left corner with a pink cosmic shimmer. Once it was all dry I added my little journalling and I have to say I love the page :)

6 comments:

  1. This is great, I love the colours, they are stunning and I also love the face, its come out really well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous page...I so love your colour palette,it really jumps out and grabs attention...very well done and thought out.
    Hugs
    Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those stain circles look like diamonds, because of the lines beneath them - great effect! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page, great colour - and you can steal that phrase as much as you like if you're going to use it so well! Suzie/Weasel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the page and the colours.
    That phrase appeals to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you getting bored of me saying how impressed I am LOL .... Seriously, this is amazing, well sone on your drawing

    ReplyDelete