Tuesday 12 July 2011

Challenge setting

This week on UKScrappers I volunteered to set the weekly challenge here is what I came up with;

Hello and welcome to my first challenge I hope you will enjoy it
July is in full swing and as it is traditionally a month of sunshine, flowers and weddings I thought I would incorporate the well known wedding tradition of - "Something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue" into my challenge.

I would like you to use one of your (old) tried and tested techniques or embellishments for 5 points. For clarification if you chose an embellishment it does not need to be one you have had in your stash for ages but rather one you have used often so using it is "old" to you.
For new I would like you to use a technique you have learnt within the past 6 months or to use new papers for 10 points.
To borrow I would like you to either scraplift or use a sketch designed by someone else for 10 points.
Finally I would like you to use some blue in your layout.

To re-cap;

Old technique or embellishment - 5 points
New technique or patterned papers - 10 points
Scraplift or use a sketch - 10 points
Use blue - 5 points

I look forward to seeing what you all come up with and have included some links of sample pages.

Have fun, Michelle x

Here are my two sample pages- Our Trio using the June creative craftworld kit;


Old- hidden journalling
New- pp's
Borrowed- scraplifted from a LO on UKS with permission

Splish Splash using Echo Park pp's

Old- cutting elements from the pp's to make embellishments
New- pp's
Borrowed- used a sketch from Sketch Inspirations

I also managed to get last weeks challenge done before time ran out. It was set by Jo aka Wonky;

Welcome to my third weekly challenge, I hope you enjoy it.

As it's Independence Day, in honour of our American friends I would like you to scrap one photo of one thing....animal, mineral, vegetable or person!

Children are getting ready for the long summer holidays, everyone seems to be planning days out and it's such a busy month I feel like I'm going round in circles so I would like to see some circles on your layout.

I sit at my desks all day drawing sketches and patterns when I should really be working so I would like you do include some doodling on your layout.

Finally I love a bit of stash busting so let's see some eyelets or brads on your layout.

So to recap:

One photo of one thing - 10 points
Circles - 10 points
Doodling - 5 points
Eyelets/brads - 5 points.

I hope you like my challenge and look forward to seeing your creations.



I did the LO all about my second boy Dylan with facts about him from 3 years ago and the same questions but with very different answers this year. I am going to do the same for his siblings later this week.

Thanks for popping by if you are a UKS member please give my challenge a go :)

1 comment:

  1. Great LO's! Love the "Splish Splash"... cute!

    I haven't been to UKS for a few months.. really should get over there and do some catching up!

    ReplyDelete