Sunday 31 July 2011

The difference between 8" and 12"

Of course the obvious answer is 4" but in the scrapping world it is a lot more than 4". I am trying to get my mum to start her scrapping again I bought her an 8x8 album and kit a while back and even did a few LO's to start her off but she still hasn't got on with it lol. So I decided last night to scrap some photo's we had done of the dogs one of the photo's on a 12x12 for myself and one on an 8x8 for my mum to shame her into getting a move on rofl.
Molly (my pooch) and Bella (mum's pooch) are litter mates, sisters and best buddies and see each other all the time. We had these photo's taken in a pet shop during one of those enter your pet into a potrait contest. We got one copy each of a photo and my naughty mum scanned them so we both had a copy of both pictures. So I scrapped the copy of my mum's photo for me and vice versa.
I finally managed to use this months Creative Craft World kit and just added a few bits and bobs from my own stash. Here is mine on 12x12;


and here is mum's on 8x8 it was amazing how differently you have to work just with that 4" reduction!


3 comments:

  1. Two really lovely layouts - I must admit I don't get on very well with 8x8 but I do like to do the odd layout in 8 1/2 by 10 size especially if I only have one small photo to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohh how lovely, I do hope this gets your mum scrapping again. Maybe tell her to come to a Thursday crop one time, or better still bring her yourself lol

    ReplyDelete