Saturday 7 May 2011

Ready, Set, Scrap!

Have all my crafty friends enjoyed Scrapbooking day? I know I have :) Our team on UKS set our house a little mini fun challenge to scrap about scrapping over the weekend and I had a photo of me scrapping I wanted to use for my LO. As our printer is naff I had to go into town to get the photo printed (and a few others lol) so took the hour wait and went bargain stash hunting.
I went into a charity shop and got some fabulous sheet music and maps for backing paper and as an avid reader I was so loath to rip up a perfectly good book I spoke to the guy in the shop and they had some books they were going to bin as they were not sellable so I bought 2 of them that I can chop up with a clear conscience :) I then went in all the clothes and accessory shops and got some fab (supposedly) hair accesories with huge flowers on for about a fifth the price you pay for flowers in the craft shops I also got some great peacock feather hairslides and rose ribbon hair slides free by using the points on my boots card. Finally I went to the actual stash shop in town and got offcut bags of ribbons and trims with a huge amount of varied ribbons, bead trims, sequin trims, feather boa trims, and lace. All in all the lot cost me under £15 and if I had bought them from a normal stash shop I think they would have been around £30+ for less volume so I am a happy bunny.
Here is my LO thanks for coming for a nosey :)






2 comments:

  1. I recognise that paper, I am sure it's Basic Grey Presh and Phunky! And I know its a hard one to use, I think you have totally doneit justice....and I simply LOVE that delish bloom you have added. Can't wait to see what other layouts you create with your new goodies :).
    Warmest wishes Anita..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep Phresh and Phunky I love the collection such me colours :)

    ReplyDelete