Wednesday 8 June 2011

A Budgie named Peter.

My Nan and Grandad had many Budgies over the years, I remember seeing the eggs and then the resulting baby birds and how exciting it was to see them. I have always loved all animals and would love a bird but not really fair when we have 2 cats!
Peter was a budgie they had when my dad was young and this is what the journalling reads;

"Peter was not your run of the mill Budgie he spent a great deal of time out of his cage and this appeared to give him ideas! He didn't like his bird seed and feeder he much preferred to stroll around the dinner table and take food off the plate or fork that most appealed to him that day. Here he is pinching dad's dinner"


This is the first photo I have of my parents together my mum was only 16 or 17 (depending on the month it was taken) and my dad 21 or 22.


No comments:

Post a Comment