Saturday 25 June 2011

Inspiration for a bag lady.

I am not a girly girl give me noise, sports, bold patterns and bright colours over tea parties, dolls houses, frills and pastels any day. Saying that I love shoes and handbags, I hate clothes shopping but will happily spend ages looking through a shoe department or store and love funky handbags. My latest acquisition was on Fathers' Day when I discovered our local big town had an Animal store, I love Animal the bold prints, bright colours and general sunny cheery feel of their stores appeal to me and I like to buy a bag and matching purse whenever I am able (unfortunately I cannot fit into their clothes something I need to remedy :( ). So this bag and a matching purse were bought for me on Fathers' day by husband;


I then remembered that the latest Sarah's Cards Ltd challenge was to use clothing as inspiration and although it had failed to inspire me as I said I am not into clothes too much I thought I could stretch it a little to include accessories like my bag. I knew exactly what I wanted to do and last night I sat down and hand drew and coloured a background inspired by my bag using colours I knew would fit with the pp's I wanted to use;


I was pretty pleased with how it turned out (apart from the leaves which I abandoned after those 3 and covered up lol) and here is the finished page for the challenge. I may be told sorry you cannot enter a bag inspired LO you crazy zany woman but I love it. I decided as it was inspired by one of my few girly loves I would make it all about me and so I included a typical loony picture of me as well as a small one of me with our youngest and lots of info and factoids about who I am today and what makes me tick. I hope you like this too I may be doing something similar again thanks for popping by enjoy the rest of your weekend xxx


3 comments:

  1. Oh it's really lovely as is the bag

    ReplyDelete
  2. You most definitely can enter a bag inspired LO you crazy, zany woman!!! This is FAB!!! I love animal bags too... and I am liking your style, getting presents bought for you on father's day, I'm going to try that one next year... lol!
    I love this LO, thanks for playing along with us.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha laughing at your crazy woman comment - it absolutely counts for our challenge! Fab entry, really really love your hand painted background paper - beautiful! Thanks for joining in with us :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete