Saturday 26 November 2011

Art journalling with inks

This morning hubby was out, 3 big kids were glued to Spongebob and little man and I had nothing to do. I have wanted to do some more for my Art Journal but can't get paints out when the little man is around unless everything in sight is covered with tableclothes/ newspaper/ something indestructible lol so I thought I would have a go at using my distress inks rather than paints.


This first one is about my love of "Art" and what makes an artist I used Wild Honey, Fired Brick, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain and Black Soot to colour my chipboard. I then stamped the harlequins with Walnut stain and the saying with Black Soot. I also stamped the word Artist but as it didn't come out too well I highlighted it with white gel pen. I added a bit of doodling and then wrote my thoughts down. You may not be able to read it all in the photo but it is all perfectly legible irl.


The second one I used Peeled Paint, Broken China, and Wild Honey to colour the chipboard. This one was pure doodling and built around those questions I think to myself like Why are Polar Bears only found at the North Pole and Penguins only at the South Pole? I started by doodling the large question mark then just added my journalling around the page. I am sure most if not all of the questions can be answered by googling but I never quite get around to it!

2 comments:

  1. this is lovely, love the colours you have used, such a great piece xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pages, and certainly agree with your journalling on the first one. It's also made me think - I've always thought of art journalling as something I couldn't "do", but I love the look of your pages, so maybe ...

    ReplyDelete