Monday 7 November 2011

Tempus Fugit

I have been working on a project for christmas for my monkeys (details to follow later in the month) and so have done no scrapbook layouts for over a week EEK! I combined the weekly challenge on UKS with the Creative Craftworld November Scrapmap to produce this layout;


The layout is based on the sketch from CCW and I am really happy with how the sketch worked with the photo's and embellishments. The requirements for the weekly challenge were to use pp as a base rather than card, have time referenced in your LO and use bling.
I started with this gorgeous pp from Authentique which I sliced with my craft knife so that my other pp could be inserted into the base pp. I distressed both pp's and slipped the mat into the backing pp added the photo's and lace and some diecut birds to represent us 2 lovebirds :)
The title came from a little stamp set I had- the wording Tempus Fugit is on my journal card which explains how the latin meaning of Time Flee's has been adapted to provide the modern day saying time flies. I also used the clock stamp to make a little die cut for my LO.


I added some Platinum stickles on the bird cage to give it the look of metal catching the sunlight and some liquid pearls to the journalling tag (the first time I have used the liquid pearls) which was my bling addition to the LO :)


7 comments:

  1. How odd, I've just done a page with this title:o

    Love what you have done with the sketch and your papers are super. Thanks for sharing with us as Creative Craft World.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous LO Michelle, love it :) papers are gorgeous.

    Thank you for joining in with us over at CCW.

    Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous LO Michelle. I love those papers:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle this is so beautiful. I just love those birds. Are they felt? I love the paper that you have used too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful page Michelle, very romantic and really elegant.Really lovely work..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely page, Michelle. Thanks so much for joining in with us again at Creative Craft World.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page - I really love those papers!
    Thanks for joining in with us at CCW!
    Trish x

    ReplyDelete