Sunday 27 November 2011

My Dolly (photo heavy)

Today I sat down and spent a couple of hours making my entry for the Scrapology November challenge F is for Fabric Flowers. The LO that inspired the challenge was by a very talented lady who is a facebook friend Hannah Young and this is the sketch from the LO;


I chose this photo from when I was just a 3 year old babe to scrap;

and this is the finished LO (layout);


But you say she said Photo heavy??!! Well I have gained some lovely new followers and one of them commented that she couldn't "do" scrapping. So I am going to go through my process in making this page to show Judie that it isn't as disimilar from making the beautiful cards she makes, and all you need to do is swap your stamped/decoupage/other image for a photo or two (or 3 or 4) and get a bit bigger.

I decided that I wanted to use white cardstock as the photo is fairly old and a little dark so I wanted to keep everything as light as possible to make it easier to see the photo but I inked the edge with pink ink to soften it a little. I went with the lovely aqua and pink tones of Glitz' Beautiful Dreamer line and then placed papers and photo together on the card to ensure they all match nicely;


I then went through my embellishments and picked through several that would go with the papers and could make the final LO depending on how they looked once the papers were cut to size;


As the challenge involved fabric flowers I made these three flowers to go on my layout;


I decided which papers I wanted to use and where and cut them to size. I then arranged them and the selected embellishments to fit the sketch until I had a LO I was happy with;


Finally I distressed, punched, and stuck down the papers. Added the journalling and photo and then adding the final embellishments and title;


Thanks for popping by as always I am so pleased when someone likes one of my projects enough to leave a comment and I hope this has encouraged my card-making followers to give scrapping a go.

16 comments:

  1. That is brilliant hun, such a well informative tutorial, you make it seem so easy - love the finished article xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! what a gorgeous LO, you should be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous Michelle - love the papers and the flowers and a fab photo (we had a fireplace just like that when I was little too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really STUNNING!!Love it.Fab photo of you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful page Michelle and such a lovely photo and memory. I just love your gorgeous flowers....lush! Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Scrapology for this month :)
    Warmest wishes Anita..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout, we too had a fireplace just like that :)
    Thanks for joining us at Scrapology this month x
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout. Lots of useful information too. Thanks for joining in with the challenge.


    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous layout and I love your fabric flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's gorgeous-love the subtle colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful LO and you explain it so well

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!!!!! it's stunning hun, and I'm so impressed by those flowers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous layout, love the flowers.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Found you through Scrapology - love your page and your flowers. The big pink fabric one is especially lovely! Now we need a tutorial on how to make those .... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for the link - I'll definitely be having a go at these :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous page and I love the fabric flowers you have made. It is great to use old photographs - I must do more of mine, despite them being grainy (I had one of those awful disc cameras)

    ReplyDelete