Friday, 8 April 2011

It's a mad world

I have proof that part of the reason it's a mad world is down to my Hubby and Dylan my 2nd boy :) These photo's were taken at Dawn's 60th birthday party. I am not sure if Dawn has come up yet but she is my mum's best friend and I call her my mummy 2 and the kids call her Nana Dawn she is very much part of the family. At the party were my 3 kids (it was pre-Alex) and Dawn's 4 grandchildren from her own children so Dawn and her husband Stan got a Pinata for the kids to attack!
After the Pinata was utterly destroyed and all the sweets were found and devoured the kids left the empty shell (well what was left) and the shredded paper abandoned on the grass. Phil my DH being a little drunk and a lot crazy decided it would make a great hat and even posed for photos which he has regretted ever since. Dylan would not be out loonied so he wore the "hat" too. So here is my take on the UKS House Challenge showing my 2 Eccentric men :)

Now for those who need to know this is how it was done. I used Basic Grey papers from the Obscure range, the main backing paper was Motion which was liberally inked along all the edges with Sepia ink to make it look grungy. Then I cut a strip of the Random paper and inked it with Forest Green and stuck it down about 2 inches from the bottom of the page. I then cut out a section of the Amplified paper tore one side to reveal the white core and then inked with the forest green again and stuck it partly over the Random paper and not quite up to the edge.
I then used a large Tim Holtz swirl mask along the bottom and inked over it with Turquoise ink which doesn't show up too well. It was my first try with the masks and I think I need to make sure there is a bigger colour seperation next time. The photo of Phil was trimmed and stuck on the Amplify paper and the photo of Dylan was stuck on the Motion paper. I used a few of the card shapes from the Obscure range to add a bit of motion to the LO and used the Glitz Olivia sticker ECCENTRIC for the title and added the word Pinata using the BG alphas and a cut up 8 for the squiggly bit above the N.
The challenge this month was to use something altered and this I did with the bottom right journalling pocket. It started life like this;

I cut it in half and then stuck it down on Clouded pp and left it to dry. Once dry I cut it into a rough quarter circle shape with some deckle edged scissors then roughed up the edges with some coarse sandpaper and inked them in the turquoise ink. I used a small Tim Holtz mask and inked over it in the turquoise and it worked much better here. I then used foam tape to stick it down on the LO so that it was raised and added my journalling card and a large brad which reads 100% original :)

So that's it hope you didn't find all the explaining boring but it was such fun I wanted to share :) The Turquoise ink pad came unstuck half way through the project so I had to hold it in my hands suring some of the inking so with the pink paint splattering me and inky blue fingers I looked like a PP last night and still have blue fingers and nails today lol