Friday 29 April 2011

Trying new things

I am so lucky that my husband has hobbies, he has his Xbox and he has recently started doing Triathlons so he goes out running, cycling and swimming. All this means he completely gets the pull of a hobby and how sometimes you just can't do anything else but your hobby! Yesterday was one of those days, I had done my latest CJ the night before (still need to post that eek!) but after my postie finally bringing me my april Gottacraft kit on Tuesday I was itching to cut into it.
I had a little trouble deciding on photo's to go with the papers but eventually settled on the pictures of my big three having their first cuddles with the little guy. I had wanted to cut my own funky shape for a LO since doing the gorgeous card from MJM's kit here and so I cut off a strip of the green paper and just cut a wavy rectangle from it freehand then distressed and inked it. The rest of it came together quite nicely and the only title I could use was my little nickname for my babies "The Cuddle Bunch" hope you like it all the elements are from the kit apart the Thickers, pompom ribbon and blooms from my stash;


After that I wanted to continue being creative with an idea I had a couple of weeks back but still hadn't attempted. I had the idea of doing reverse decoupage after seeing some reverse applique, I have never seen this done before which doesn't mean it hasn't been I am sure I am not that innovative but this wasn't inspired by anyone elses work it was all me. Instead of taking a motif and building it up with layers I took 3 sheets of pp and cut large shapes from the centre of each with each layer's shape getting smaller so that it is 3D but like the inside of a pyramid IYKWIM.
I used so much foam tape it is unreal but each layer is raised so it is about 1/2" thick and will not fit in Alex's scrapbook as it is too thick lol which is ok as Phil loves it :) He has said it is his favourite of all my scrapping and he wants to get a frame and put it on the wall :D
All PP are Basic Grey Baby Boy and all the apertures and shapes are hand cut, the flowers are made using pp from the same range and the only addition is a bit of fusion felt dragonflies.


No comments:

Post a Comment