Tuesday 12 April 2011

Monday monthly crop

I had my crop last night, the group are mainly card makers with one lady teaching the group a new technique each month and there are those few subversives including me who sneak off to the scrapping table lol.
I only managed one LO last night as I did a card kit too from the wonderful MJM (more to follow later). The LO is for the April week 2 challenge on UKS and the requirements were;
1/. Scrap a type of celebration
2/. Use pink or blue
3/. Have either a house, bells, stamping or flowers.

My LO is a celebration of my wonderfully clever kids :) They all came home from school the first week in september 2008 with a certificate for hard work and it wasn't a let's give every kid an award only 3 or 4 kids per class were awarded a certificate so we were so proud that all three of our monkeys got one :) I stamped some swirly flowers and coloured them with promarkers some red, some yellow and some blue. I used some more pp from my Gottacraft kit and from the paper not on the page I cut some more of the flower images and used foam pads to "lift" them off the page. The backing card, journalling card, saying, lettering, bloom and button were all from the kit and the green ribbon was from my huge bag of ribbons lol.


As promised here is the card I made using a kit I bought at olympia from MJM if you like things a little different and with a lot of creativity and imagination you will love her work :) I very very rarely follow kits to the letter I usually adapt them and change things up but the two cards in this kit are so fantastic and so unique that I wanted to learn the technique of how to make them so that I can take the basic techniques and adapt them to my own projects. I only did this one last night but there is another for me to sink my teeth into when I get a chance :) I love the way the bird moves around the clock it is so tweet lol




3 comments:

  1. Oh Michelle they're amazing. Your creative juices really are flowing .... way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card - so original and very sweet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this, Michelle.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete