Saturday 30 April 2011

A lot of cutting

I loved cutting my own shapes for the cuddle bunch LO so thought I would have another go at some hand cutting last night. I have these photo's of Kari on her 2nd birthday that I wanted to scrap but as I couldn't get them down from 4 it had to be a DLO this made the whole shape thing a little more complicated!
I started by choosing Basic Grey 2 scoops pp for the DLO but as I only had one sheet of each colour I had to get inventive! I cut the Butter pecan, Sprinkles and Mint Choc Chip papers in half and added a piece of scalloped dark blue cardstock also cut in half. I then stuck the blue cadstock to the Butter Pecan pp making sure that the papers lined up and then stuck the Sprinkles pp onto the blue card again lining it up.
I turned one of the pages over and hand drew half a bracket shape and cut it out, I used the cut out to trace on the other page so that both sides would match up. Once I was happy that they shape lined up perfectly I stuck the Mint Choc Chip paper under the Sprinkles and trimmed to 12" as I ended up with pages nearly 13" deep. I trimmed the sides so that the scallops were no longer showing through at the sides and then rounded the corners.
Once all the pp's were done I attached the photo's and journalling card and used stickers from the 2 scoops range to embellish the DLO. I kept the embellishments fairly simple and minimal as there was so much going on with the papers.


I wanted to get this lovely picture of my littlest man Alex scrapped. He looks so serene and thoughtful it was a very rare quiet moment for him. I hand cut some more wavy rectangles from papers in the April Gottacraft kit and then distressed them with sandpaper. I inked the backing card and the middle of the pp's as the distressing didn't show up as well on the paler pp. I tied the 2 chipboard buttons in the kit with some fibre added a journalling card and used lots of different alpha's for the title.


1 comment:

  1. If you weren't so lovely, you'd be a real show off mrs LOL.

    Gorgeous layouts I must say. I've missed out on my blog reading recently, so I bet you've done about 50 layouts while I've been AWOL LOL.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete